Barktoberfest is a local charitable 5K and outdoor event benefiting homeless cats and dogs by bringing together people and pets in our community. Participants can bring their human and canine companions to participate in different activities for a variety of prizes while running for a charitable cause. In addition to the cardio activities, attendees can meet-and-greet with adoptable pets from local 501(c)(3) animal rescues and shelters in hopes of finding forever homes.
Vendors will be setting up booths, tents, crafts, accessories, services, apparel and more, all to provide the public with an exceptional experience, service and/or product for the overall goal of supporting A Life to Live's life-saving programs. Local veterinarians, dog trainers, groomers, pet suppliers, dog walkers, pet sitters and boarding facilities will setup to offer the community resources, educational information, and will offer products and services to enrich the lives of pets and their families.
A Life to Live is the host and benefiting organization of Barktoberfest. A Life to Live is an incorporated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was established out of our love and passion for providing an opportunity and better quality of life for homeless pets. We have a no-kill mission to save the lives of homeless cats and dogs abandoned and/or placed in kill shelters, while also providing life-saving programs and services to keep pets and their people together. Through outreach, education and service, we provide cats and dogs with an opportunity to live their full lives.
1 MILE ZOMBIE FUN RUN REGISTRATION:
Vendor/Sponsor Setup: 6 - 8AM
5K Check-In and Registration: 8 - 9AM
5K: 9 - 10:30AM
1Mile Check-In: 9:30 - 10:30AM
1Mile: 10:30 - 11AM
Food Trucks: 10AM - 2PM
Break Down: 2 - 4PM
What you should bring with you on event day:
- Your photo ID. (Required for Check-In.)
- Your signed Participant Waiver. (See event page to re-print.)
- Map for Parking. (See event page for more information regarding parking.)
- Extra cash for food, beverages, merchandise and donations.
- Extra clothes, shoes, and a towel for after your run. (It could get muddy.)
- Pet food and products if you'd like to contribute to our donation box on site. (See our Amazon Wish List.)
What you should leave at home:
- Valuables and jewelry should be left at home.
- Outside food or beverages will not be allowed, with the exception of one water bottle. (Food and beverages will be offered throughout the event.)
- Outside glass bottles will not be allowed.
- Real weapons and/or firearms will not be allowed.
- Bicycles, skates, and skateboards will not be allowed on running paths.
- Strollers, baby carriers, wagons, and any other similar items will not be allowed on running paths for the safety of your children and participating runners, joggers, and walkers.
Pet specific information:
- All dogs must have, at a minimum, a collar and leash.
- Retractable leashes for participating pets are NOT allowed on running paths or within the vendor spaces.
- Pet harnesses are HIGHLY recommended.
- Pets that do not do well with crowds, loud noises, runners, dogs, kids, yelling, bicycles, frisbees, etc, should be left in the comfort of your home.
- Pets that are in heat, that are not spayed, should be left at home. (We promote spaying and neutering.)
- Pets that are not up to date on vaccinations should be left at home.
- Pets that show aggression towards other people and/or animals should be left at home. Pets that are seen showing aggression towards other people and/or animals, and that show a concern for public safety, will be asked to leave.
- We will have yellow bandanas on site for people with pets that do not do well when approached! Please visit our Help Desk upon arrival to purchase a yellow bandana. We want you and our guests to have a safe and pleasant experience!
- Pet Waste Bags will be provided for free to assist with keeping our park, and our shoes, clean! Visit our Help Desk for your free baggy dispenser.
If you have questions about our event, please email us at email@example.com. More detailed event information is also available on our website at www.adopttosave.org/barktoberfest.